long names in oracle 7.3, a problem???

From: Rob van der Leer <lnmsoft_at_lnm.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 16:02:39 +0200

Hello,
We've the following problem.
We've send a SQL-script to a customer which creates tables, indexes etc. on an Oracle RDBMS.
They have Oracle 7.3 running on a Novell Neteware 4.11 server. Now they say that their Oracle can't handle long names for tables and other db objects.
It sound very strange to me, but can this be possible??? If it is possible, can it be changed and does this have any effect on other existing databases??
TIA
Rob van der Leer
rvdleer_at_lnm.nl Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 09:02:39 CDT