Re: SYS and SYSTEM indexes

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 13:12:06 GMT

In article <7jiq2i$2qu$1_at_phys-ma.sol.co.uk>,   "Bill Buchan" <bill.buchan_at_ossian.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Newbie-type question: should I relocate the SYS and SYSTEM owned
indexes in
> the SYSTEM tablespace to prevent fragmentation, or can I leave them
where
> they are? What about performance - should I move them to a
tablespace on
> another disk?
>
> Many thanks for any advice.
>
> - Bill.

Leave objects that were built by the create database command, and the catalog and catproc scripts that are owned by SYS alone unless directed to modify them by Oracle support. Objects built as SYSTEM, ususally Forms, ReportWriter, or another Oracle tool may be moved to any tablespace you desire. The example build database script from Oracle use to use tablespace TOOLS for Oracle and third party products.

--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 08:12:06 CDT