Re: Very large Oracle Databases

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 07:48:31 +0200

Connor McDonald wrote in message <374D60C4.4FF8_at_yahoo.com>...

>> I would like to hear from anyone with first-hand knowledge of large
>> Oracle8 installation (25 GB plus, 10,000 simultaneous users, 7 by 24
>> operations, etc.).

>25G plus will not be a problem - many people (including where I used to
>be) run databases in the 100's or 1000's of gig.

It reminds me of a warehouse we were building in Oracle. Some of the SQL-Server boys in the company were all impressed with their large 25GB SQL-Server database - until I "casually" mentioned to them one day that I had to bump up my temp space in Oracle to 25GB in order to process all the data in the largest fact table (recent additions to the fact table had us running out of temp space)... :-)

Just imagine what a VLDB will be like 25 years from now...

regards,
Billy Received on Fri May 28 1999 - 00:48:31 CDT