Re: Changing server name

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 07:54:56 +0200

btriessl_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <7ijk0o$mm9$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>How can I change the name of my machine and still
>have Oracle run correctly?

With machine name I assumed that the IP host name of the machine (also IP address?) has changed.

Well, the only things that will need reconfiguring from Oracle's side are the networking components. LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA for the standard Oracle setup - with Ora Agent I'm not sure (never used or even looked at it). All you need to do is changed the hostname in the config files so that when Oracle resolves the hostname to obtain an IP address, it gets the IP address of the local machine.

regards,
Billy Received on Fri May 28 1999 - 00:54:56 CDT