Changing server name

From: <btriessl_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 14:14:52 GMT

How can I change the name of my machine and still have Oracle run correctly?

Since I have changed the name of the server:

I get an error when the OracleAgent service starts ["The system could not move the file to a different disk drive"].

and

The TNS listener service stops every time I close the services window.

Any thoughts? (Aside from don't rename the machine. That is an option but we thought it wasn't an unreasonable request to be able to change the host.)

Thanks in advance,
Bill

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Thu May 27 1999 - 09:14:52 CDT