Re: rollback segment problem

From: <hr784_at_cleveland.freenet.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 12:57:27 GMT

Hello,

I agree with Luiz but you also need to determine if the data in your rollback segment is dynamically being changed as your query executes.

Even with very large rollback segments, another process that is running may be causing you to get STO (ORA-1555). You may need to segment processes off by creating dedicated rollback segments and using the set transaction use rollback segment xxxx statement to channel your rollback activity within your stored procedures.

David Knollhoff
DBA wanabe

In article <3740C41A.6A04D9FC_at_sucesumg.org.br>,   Luiz Alberto Ferreira Gomes <luizgoms_at_sucesumg.org.br> wrote:
> Hi,
> You should do the follows things:
>
> 1) Increase de rollback size;
> 2) Increase commits during transactions;
> 3) Reduce number of rows during the process;
> 4) Add rollback segments;
> 5) Avoid fetch across commits;
>
> luizgoms_at_sucesumg.org.br
>
> daud11_at_hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hi All
> >
> > I have a query which always fail with the following msg: Oracle
Error 1555:
> > ORA 01555: Snapshot too old: Rollback segment .... too small.
> >
> > What should I do? I have tried to increase the optimal size to 15M
from 10M
> > for all the rollback segments but still does not solve the problem.
> >
> > Any advice?
> >
> > Daud

> > http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your
Own