Re: Oracle Internal errors

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 12:41:18 +0200

tvsujatha_at_my-dejanews.com escribió:
> =

> Hi,
> =

> We recently upgraded to Oracle 7.3.2 version on NCR unix and facing
> problems with respect to SQL*PLUS connections. Suddenly the SQL*PLUS
> connections take longer time to connect and after some time, system alm=
ost
> hangs by creating Core files for each of these connection. The error in=
 alert
> log file shows as follws.

I don't know if this is really the same problen but I remember we had a very similar problem with the connections through sqlnet with the TWO_TASK. Try putting the env var (in the profile of each user) EPC_DISABLED=TRUE.
If you have this value to false, oracle will generate a big amount of tracing information.
In adition, in order to avoid remote conections to have EPC_DISABLED to false, you can add the following line in the listener:

   (SID_DESC =

      (SID_NAME = <your SID>)
      (ORACLE_HOME = <Your home>)
      (ENVS='EPC_DISABLED=TRUE')  <----- add this line

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Tue May 11 1999 - 05:41:18 CDT