Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Brendan Reynolds <brenreyn_at_indigo.ie>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 20:00:03 +0100

Now there's something I can agree with! I tend to ignore any thread that contains 'Vs'. I'm kinda glad I didn't miss this one though - it has been quite entertaining!

I think the analogy with the motor industry was interesting, though. I just don't think the market is at the same point that the motor industry was at. I think the users want features, and are prepared to put up with bugs in exchange for features. If two mass-market applications were released tomorrow, one with lots of features and lots of bugs, one with very few bugs and very few features, which one would sell?

--
Brendan Reynolds
brenreyn_at_indigo.ie