Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Michael Kaplan <former_mvp_at_spamless.trigeminal.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 10:31:56 -0700

Of course you're wrong here, Arvin. There are many such fools who make these decisions.... look at all the Oracle dbs out there. :-)

<g,d&r> out of the room I just threw dynamite into. These cross-product threads never get anywhere anyway since everyone will keep the same opinions they had.

Michael

Arvin Meyer <a_at_m.com> wrote in message
> Aren't you defining a better (and cheaper to implement)
product offering as
> crushing competition? In the so-called $1 Million dollar
Larry Ellison bet,
> Microsoft beat a $10 Million solution with one costing
$600K. Is that
> "crushing" the competition? You're damn right it is. Do
you think that was
> lost on the businesses who do the purchasing? Only a fool
would ignore it,