Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Joel Robinson <joel_at_askjoel.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 20:45:26 GMT

The one with lots of features UNFORTUNATELY.

Compare for example WORKS to Office97. Faster, cleaner, cheaper but not as popular.

When did quality matter? Marketing tactics are the key.

Indeed, Office97 Professional sells to many people who don't need it but want to think they are "professionals". How many of them use the Access module that Professional adds to the suite?? I heard exactly that at an office supply superstore recently - customer told clerk she needed professional as she ran a business. Guess the standard edition is for those who don't.