Re: How much RAM for Oracle8 on NT?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 03:11:41 GMT

On Mon, 3 May 1999 07:44:44 -0500, "Graham C Thornton" <graham.thornton_at_ln.ssw.abbott.com> wrote:

>I am looking to put together a small system for testing and experimentation,
>and was trying
>to decide if I need 64, 96 or 128Mb of RAM. I am only looking to get the
>basic DBMS up, and
>with almost no transactions and very little data, I don't need a big shared
>pool.
>
>Anybody tried Oracle8 in 64Mb?

I have an experimental system running on NT with 96 meg ram. I would not want to go less, and I think 128meg would be better. There are times when I notice what appears to be a lot of swap activity.

BTW, I've never tried 64Mb, but I did once 48Mb. 48 is NOT enough.

Jonathan Received on Mon May 03 1999 - 22:11:41 CDT