How much RAM for Oracle8 on NT?

From: Graham C Thornton <graham.thornton_at_ln.ssw.abbott.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 07:44:44 -0500

Anybody got any guidelines/experience of how much RAM Oracle8 for NT needs? The LINUX manual
clearly states it needs at least 32Mb, but the NT manual doesn't say anything!

I am looking to put together a small system for testing and experimentation, and was trying
to decide if I need 64, 96 or 128Mb of RAM. I am only looking to get the basic DBMS up, and
with almost no transactions and very little data, I don't need a big shared pool.

Anybody tried Oracle8 in 64Mb?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

--

Empowerment - delegating the responsibility but not the authority.

Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Abbott Laboratories. Received on Mon May 03 1999 - 07:44:44 CDT