Re: How much RAM for Oracle8 on NT?

From: <tim.mcconechy_at_runtime.dk>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 07:32:49 GMT

I would deffinately not go below 128mb. It can run with 48 or 96 but depending on Ora.INI settings you will not be able to prepage the SGA which is critical on an NT system or major Swapping will occur.

Always use control file and redo log groups and have data files over several disks. If possible.

I reccomend at least 2 fast HD's and 128 mb (or more)

But again it depends on what you are doing. If it's only you connecting and you don't care if it's dead slow then you should be ok with 48mb.