Re: Performance Issue with OAS 4.0.7

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <kazimiej_at_bms.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 06:50:26 -0400

You should be able to do better than 25-35 seconds! The initial cartridge server startup is slow, but after that it should be quick. To do this up front, under your application / configuration /server screen, make sure cartridge timeout isn't too low, and set min # of servers to 1 or higher. If you set min and max instances to 5 and 20, you also must set min and max threads to 5 and 20. These 2 sets of parameters must match for the plsql cartridge to work right (even though the default installation doesn't set it up this way!).