Performance Issue with OAS 4.0.7

From: Venkatesh Kumar <vkumar_at_bidbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:58:29 -0500

Hi guys,
  I finally got the Oracle Web Server OAS 4.0.7 to work with Windows NT 4.0 (with SP4). I had to install te Patch to make it work with SP4. However, the response really sucks. The PL/Sql Catridge takes almost 25-35 seconds before it comes back with a response. The next time around it is fine. It is fine as long as Iam calling a procedure. If there is break in the call to a procedure it takes the 25-30 seconds for a response.

I have changed the default Catrridge config parameters and bupmed the minimum number of instances to 5 and max to 20. also I have changed the client session to 5. But it still makes no difference.

Any suggestions on what else I need to do. My frined tells me that the documentation mentions that the performance of a standalone OAS server will be slower than if it is running off a server. I find it hard to believe.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Cheers
Ven Kumar Received on Mon Apr 19 1999 - 21:58:29 CDT