Re: imp 00038 when modifying exp file and running imp

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin_Haltmayer_at_KirchGruppe.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:14:36 +0200

The export file is NOT an ASCII file as you stated by your listing. It contains binary data, e. g. ^@ which is a transliteration for hex 00, the NUL character which is not written back to the file by vi as it means "no character at all" in ASCII. You can write a "substitute" program which will open the file as a binary file and substitute strings by another string. But be careful when changing the length of strings.

Of course, this is not supported either.

Martin