Text in sqlloader

From: Frank Heijmans <someone_at_somewhere.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 06:15:29 GMT

Hi,

I have a problem using the sqlloader. My datafile comes from a sybase SQLanywhere database. This database uses type 'long varchar'. This can store a maximum of 32K of text. The longest string in the datafile is 940 chars. Now the problem. If I try to load this data in a table with a variable of type 'long' the rows with a length over 240 get rejected.

Is should fit as far as I can see. So can anyone tell me what I am missing here.

Regards

Frank Heijmans
F.Heijmans at nfs dot nl Received on Mon Apr 12 1999 - 01:15:29 CDT