Re: Oracle8 on Linux ok?

From: Søren Klintrup <bigchief_at_aub.dk>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:55:31 +0200

I would never choose linux for a mission critical app.

It far to unstable for that purpose...

I'd look into one of these OS's

SunOS - and other commercial Unix systems - www.sun.com Sun Solaris - Cheap - www.sun.com/solaris

FreeBSD      - Free    - www.freebsd.org
NetBSD        - Free    - www.netbsd.org
OpenBSD     - Free    - www.openbsd.org

All of these OS's is very stable as far as i'm concerned, where the commercial unix system of course is of preference, they aren't free either ... I myself use FreeBSD on quite a few servers at home, and might i add that they do a mighty fine job.. Sites like Walnut Creek's cdrom.com, yahoo.com and many others rely on FreeBSD as their primary OS...

/Søren