Re: imp 00038 when modifying exp file and running imp

From: Viewer <bmotzer_at_spacestar.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 18:33:37 -0500

Thanks for the info but there's still some confusion. I am basically trying to edit the export file to only have the grant statement in it. I then want to run this
grant statement through back through the imp utility. I am doing this because I need a way to grant/revoke
privileges to/from users without temporarily changing their passwords and logging in as them. I
know that the import utility can do this with only having the become user role
etc. The uglyDDL command simply pulls DDL out of the export file and you must then run it by
hand, not through the import utility. Does this make more sense?

<923864067.18763.0.rover.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>...