Re: Oracle Licenses -please advise!

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 18:29:23 -0400

Yes, those sound like the numbers we experience, but you must realize that there is a flexible total cost that depends on volume (dolar wise) discounts. Also Oracle usual calls a "seat" a concurrent user. So if you have 10,000 people but only 1000 are actually using oracle at a given moment, then you would normally need just 1000 licenses. However the determination of actual average concurrent use is very difficult.

It is best to attempt to negotiate with oracle in good faith, and I believe you will find them to be willing to talk provided the total cost of negotiation is sufficiently high overall.

But to actually answer your question, yes those are our costs too. In fact I think our maintenance maybe even higher tahn $360.00?

Oracle may, like many other software companies, also have an academic pricing schedule, check it out?

--
Gerry Sinkiewicz
sinkiege_at_snet.net Received on Mon Apr 05 1999 - 17:29:23 CDT