Re: Why it takes so long.

From: Uwe Schneider <pi_at_nospam.richard-schneider.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 20:13:20 +0100

Hello,

> When one user login, the user login ID and Password is entered and
> compared with the record in database. But it take so long , about 5
> seconds.
>
> I have created index for login ID and password for it, but still can not
> solve the problem.
>
> The system check show that the CPU is 100% for almost 5s, while IO is
> almost idle.

Perhaps you want to tell us your SQL query and the description and indexes of your table.

Have you traced the query (sqlplus: set autotrace on)? What are the results?

Uwe

--

Uwe Schneider       | Telefon +49 7251 / 82587
Karlsdorfer Str. 31 | Mail    pi_at_richard-schneider.de

Linux - OS al dente! Received on Thu Mar 25 1999 - 13:13:20 CST