Re: Why it takes so long.

From: Peizhong Wu <wupz_at_engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 18:09:18 +0000

Hi,

The table is:

    my_usr(

        usr_id        NUMBER PRIMARY KEY,
        login_id      VARCHAR2(8),
        password   VARCHAR2(8),
        cluster_id   NUMBER,
        lastname
        firstname

);

And the index I created is:

CREATE INDEX usr_login_pw_cl_index
ON kgs_usr( login_id, password, cluster_id ) TABLESPACE index05;

The query is:

  SELECT * FROM my_usr
  WHERE login_id = l_login_id
  AND password = l_password
  AND cluster_id != 0;

It is just very simple query. But I do not know why it take so long. The entry in this table is: 6350.

However, I can not set autotrace on in my server. The following is the error message:

SQL> set autotrace on
Unable to verify PLAN_TABLE format or existence Error enabling EXPLAIN report
Cannot find the Session Identifier. Check PLUSTRACE role is enabled Error enabling STATISTICS report

Thanks

Peizhong