DDL problems

From: Gennady <gennadyb_at_halcosoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:21:17 -0800

Hello,
I’ve got problems:
1. When I created a table’s primary key this constraint does not implicitly creates NOT NULL and UNIQUE constraints on the table. 2. I can not create a foreign key on composite primary key. The only way is to split composite key on single field constraints, for example, instead of: Constraint FK_LbrGroup_LSizes foreign key(LGroups,LbrGroup) references LumberGroups(LGroups,LbrGroup)

I need create:
Constraint FK_LGroups_LSizes foreign key(LGroups) references LumberGroups(LGroups),
Constraint FK_LbrGroup_LSizes foreign key(LbrGroup) references LumberGroups(LbrGroup)

Could you explain me the reasons ?
Thank you,
Gennady Received on Thu Mar 25 1999 - 13:21:17 CST