Why it takes so long.

From: Peizhong Wu <wupz_at_umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:06:28 -0500

HI,

I am using Oracle8.0.5 in Solaris (Ultra Sparc I) to support a message board. Each user has a entry in the USER table, which has 6000 rows.

When one user login, the user login ID and Password is entered and compared with the record in database. But it take so long , about 5 seconds.

I have created index for login ID and password for it, but still can not solve the problem.

The system check show that the CPU is 100% for almost 5s, while IO is almost idle.

Does anyone know what happened?

Thanks

Peizhong
University of Michigan Received on Thu Mar 25 1999 - 10:06:28 CST