Autorisation in ODBC for Oracle 7.3

From: Martijn Oudeman <m.a.oudeman_at_vm-advies.nl>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 19:43:35 +0100

I am a user of a ODBC driver fro a Oracle 7.3 database. I use the driver in combination with Excel. I have to wuestions?

1.
Is it possible within ODBC to disable insert, update and delete priveleges for a certain user. The user does have these priveleges while user the original application for which the database was build.

2.
Is it possible to incorporate horizontal database autorisation through ODBC without using VIEWS on the original tables? If not, how can I manage that a certain user can only read data from a database when the retreived records meet certain conditions (derived from the user name of other database tables) ? Received on Thu Mar 25 1999 - 12:43:35 CST