Re: Anyone Using Oracle8 with Novell?

From: <NOtakmel_at_stratos.netSPAM>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 19:13:21 GMT

On 15 Mar 1999 00:34:58 GMT, "Paul M. Titorenko" <pault_at_magicnet.net> wrote:

>Is anyone using Oracle8 on Netware in a real, no kidding,
>production environment? We are looking at moving some
>legacy applications from an HP/UX 9.04 environment to
>either NT or Novell; while we hear a lot of blustering from
>Novell folks about being "partners" with Oracle and touting
>benchmarks and reliability that beat NT, we can't find anyone
>that actually uses the stuff. Oracle acknowledges they offer
>Oracle8 for Novell, but seemed vague on details.

Paul,

I would appreciate it if you get any feedback to please either post it in this thread or email it to me! I'm also looking to get Oracle server; the front end developers say Oracle on NT but I prefer Oracle on NW if it is indeed a viable option.

TIA.
R. Received on Tue Mar 16 1999 - 13:13:21 CST