Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.server -> Re: Import/Export small database with spacing contraints!! Not enough disk space! And can't use vi to modify the exported schema!

Re: Import/Export small database with spacing contraints!! Not enough disk space! And can't use vi to modify the exported schema!

From: m.L. <mleung_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 01:45:20 GMT

First, I want to thanks Steve and couple others who have sent me emails regarding my problems.

Now, I still have couple questions:

  1. I typed : imp user/password show=y full=y file=**dmp > outputfile, and it worked basically except that the output wasn't directed to the outputfile. I had to type: imp user/password show=y full=y file=**dmp log=outputfile to get any output.

It is kind of strange because I would assume that the show=y option will change the results like standard output.

How do I re-direct the output without using log=outputfile option?

2) When I used Steven's ugly_DLL script and then ran the resultiing sql script, it created all the tables except that it changed the ownership of all the user tables to 'system' instead of 'oracle'.

Shouldn't the resulting sql script keep the original owner for the tables? Did I miss something?

Please either post your response here or email me at mleung_at_intelus.com or mleung_at_earthlink.net.

thanks. you guys are the best
Michael Leung