Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.server -> Re: Import/Export small database with spacing contraints!! Not enough disk space! And can't use vi to modify the exported schema!

Re: Import/Export small database with spacing contraints!! Not enough disk space! And can't use vi to modify the exported schema!

From: James <james_lorenzen_at_allianzlife.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:41:03 GMT

In article <36d1e9e0.43595074_at_news.earthlink.net>,   mleung_at_earthlink.net (m.L.) wrote:

> First, I want to thanks Steve and couple others who have sent me
> emails regarding my problems.
>
> Now, I still have couple questions:
>
> 1) I typed : imp user/password show=y full=y file=**dmp >
> [snipped]
> 2) When I used Steven's ugly_DLL script and then ran the resultiing
> sql script, it created all the tables except that it changed the
> ownership of all the user tables to 'system' instead of 'oracle'.
>
> Shouldn't the resulting sql script keep the original owner for the
> tables? Did I miss something?

The export file contains "connect {owner_name}" in the stream. This is how the owner is managed. I believe that this becomes "ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA= "{owner_name}" in the ugly file. I don't know what Steven's ugly_DLL script does with this command.

For just the tables, you can generate a file containing the index creation SQL, the table creation SQL is provided as remarks. It would work something like this:

imp scott/tiger full=y rows=n indexfile={table create cmds} file={dump file} # the following grep "removes" the index creation commands. # these can be run later
grep "^REM " {table create cmds} > {table create cmds only} # you can now edit the init and next sizes for the tables (and indexes). vi {table create cmds only}
# execute the table create comands in the smaller schema.

HTH
    James