Problem: Oracle8.0.5 on NT 4.0 SP3

From: <wesley_xu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 01:39:43 GMT

Hi,

Does anyone know the answers to the following problem???

I have installed Oracle 8.0.5 on a brand new Server (Compaq Proliant 3000) with newly installed NT 4.0 SP3. The installation went smothly by choosing "Enterprise Database Server" and "Typical". After installation and rebooted the server, here are the problem: 1. Click Database Assistance: nothing showed up (except hour glass); 2. Click Net8 Easy Config: java.exe exception reported by Dr. Watson; 3. Click Net8 Assistance: the same java.exe error.

I have tried installed NT 4.0 SP4, the problems remain.

Thanks,

Wesley