Step by step instructions for making a database sans Enterprise Manager?

From: gremlin <gremlinNO__SPAM___at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 00:59:49 -0500

Hi:

I am trying to create a new database on a unix box. I have the default one (with Scott/tiger, etc.) but I want a new database. I don't have an Enterprise Manager, etc. (or if I do I don't see how to run them!) and the books usually end up saying, "bring up the EM and click on...". Or the books mention to give the CREATE DATABASE some data files without saying how you get/generate them, etc. Where can I find detailed instructions on the entire process for doing it by hand?

TIA,
    Mike

--

To reply to me via email, remove the "__NO_SPAM__" in the header email address.