Re: create two db on the personal oracle

From: <dperez_at_juno_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 02:08:34 GMT

OK, there is no way I'm gonna claim any expertise here, so take everything with a LARGE BAG OF SALT...... BUT, I'm running PO 8.0.4 and I have 4 instances including the ORCL one and the D703 that Designer uses, as well as two for projects I'm fiddling with........

In the file that creates the oracle instance (not the database one, but the one thats an NT command) it has a line that sets the oracle_sid. Then it does the create and startup for the instance)... At least that's how all mine have worked. When I've had to delete an instance because of moving the database (I don't know WHY I had to, but I did...) I just ran the command file and things were fine again.......

I've created instances manually and had them created by other Oracle tools. So far no problem... OH, one thing... I can go into server manager and connect as internal. BUT, if I want to start the database with just a 'startup' instead of 'startup open pfile=...' I have to have the initfile for the database in the n:\orant\database directory.......... This APPEARS to hold true even when the instance was created with the pfile pointing to some other directory.......

OH, and I frequently have between 2 and 4 of the instances up and running concurrently.........