Re: create two db on the personal oracle

From: Ewan Parker <ewan_at_chimera.u-net.com>
Date: 17 Jan 99 19:08:12 +0500

On 17-Jan-99 20:17:39, ba la said about Re: create two db on the personal oracle:
> John,

> thanks for your reply. Since I am not very familiar with the oracle
> running on pc, therefore, I don't know how to get all the
> environment variable set correctly. I use the

> set ORACLE_SID=test

> in the dos prompt and I assume this will set the ORACLE_SID
> to my desired instance name.

> but while I use the svrmgr and connect internal, it prompts me
> for password. I don't know what should be the password for it.
> Therefore, I cannot create the database manually myself.
> Appreciate for your help in advance if you have any to share.
> many thanks.

> Ken Chow

> ps. I have the orcl database created on my pc now and wanna to
> create one more called "test"

Server manager is looking for a password for "connect internal". You will need to create a pasword file in orawin95\database called pwdtest.ora. Use orapwd73 to do this. You will then be able to enter your chosen password and startup the instance "test".

Regards,
Ewan.

--
<mailto:ewan_at_chimera.u-net.com> Received on Sun Jan 17 1999 - 08:08:12 CST