Re: create two db on the personal oracle

From: ba la <bala_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 23:17:39 +0800

John,

thanks for your reply. Since I am not very familiar with the oracle running on pc, therefore, I don't know how to get all the environment variable set correctly. I use the

set ORACLE_SID=test

in the dos prompt and I assume this will set the ORACLE_SID to my desired instance name.

but while I use the svrmgr and connect internal, it prompts me for password. I don't know what should be the password for it. Therefore, I cannot create the database manually myself. Appreciate for your help in advance if you have any to share. many thanks.

Ken Chow

ps. I have the orcl database created on my pc now and wanna to create one more called "test"