Re: copy datafile to different systems

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 10:25:55 +0100

And attach this file to a different database? No, this is not possible, unless the other database is an exact replica, including the control files, and the file systems are compatible. This task can be accomplished by export import though, and this will be probably only a little bit slower.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA