sysdba or sysoper privilege for SYS ?

From: <lauray70821659_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 00:09:25 GMT

I am trying to setup one oracle database recently. However, I found something strange happened in my server: I can not connect the enterprise manager(or any other manager)with 'sysdba' or 'sysoper' using SYS uid.
The only thing I can do just through the 'normal' way to connect them.

It seems SYS already lost the privilege for them. But in the security manager, I found the sysdba and sysoper already been granted to SYS as default privileges! As the result, I can not enter the instance manager to startup or shutdown my DB except using the internal/oracle.

Another thing is: if i want use 'svrmgr>connect internal', the server always ask me for P.W.(I knew other people's DB do not ask this)

I guess something wrong in my server.

If you have any idea about it, please help me. i worry about this error will give me further trouble in future.

Thanks a lot!

Lauray

yutongy_at_hotmail.com