Re: SQL*NET V2

From: Terje gumø <trg_at_bergesen.no>
Date: 9 Nov 1998 23:59:25 GMT

this is from the oerr command:

$ oerr ORA 12500
12500, 00000, "TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process"
// *Cause:  The process of starting up a dedicated server process failed.
// The executable could not be found or the environment maybe set up
// incorrectly.
// *Action: Turn on tracing at the ADMIN level and reexecute the operation.
// Verify that the ORACLE Server executable is present and has execute
// permissions enabled. Ensure that the ORACLE environment is specified
// correctly in LISTENER.ORA. If error persists, contact Worldwide Customer
// Support.

nick <nick_at_NOSPAM.co.za> wrote in article <726q84$rn0$1_at_hermes.is.co.za>...