Re: sysdba or sysoper privilege for SYS ?

From: <ryanm6741_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:14:19 GMT

Lauray - if you are running SVRMGR23 on the same box as the server is installed, set an environment variable HOME=2:<SID>.

For instance, if your database SID is ORCL (default), then from a dos prompt, type SET HOME=2:ORCL

Also, try the adding the following key to your registry: [HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE]
DBA_AUTHORIZATION=BYPASS Hope this helps,
Mick
Mick.Ryan_at_Hill-Rom.com