Re: Enterprise Manager - User Authentication

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 6:30:01 +0100

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998 12:37:24 +0100, Ariel Kirson wrote (in message <363C47F4.48CAEBDE_at_exlibris.co.il>):

> Hi all,
>
> I have recently managed to install Oracle Intelligent Agent on our IBM
> R/6000 server, and I am trying to run backup jobs via the Oracle Enterprise
> Manager on my Windows 95 based machine.
snip
> When I submit the job it returns with a failure status, and the error dialog
> box says :
>
> Failed to authenticate user
snip

You have to enter the file/preferences for the node you are truing to logon to. In your case the account info of the user that's running the job for you on aix. Don't forget to give that user write access to $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent. Otherwise the next error you get is something like 'output lost'.

--
Ronald

mailto:ronr_at_wxs.nl
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html (last update: june 8th, 1998) http://www.maccentral.com/news/9804/migration.shtml (forward migration home)

I think so I mac ! Received on Sun Nov 01 1998 - 23:30:01 CST