Re: Enterprise Manager - User Authentication

From: Ariel Kirson <arielk_at_exlibris.co.il>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 14:34:52 +0200

Thank you all for your advice. I have managed to pass yet another hurdle on my way to running backups through the OEM. As you suggested, I defined a user on my UNIX machine with the same name as an Oracle user with DBA priviliges. I then chose File->Preferences and entered the same username and password here too.

Finally, I sent off the backup job and the user was authenticated. I have now run into another problem. The job has been scheduled and run, but I receive the following error :

Start of main script
 Tablespaces = {TEMP}
 Datafile# = {1}
 Datafiles = {/aleph/oradata/aleph0/temp01.dbf}  Destination = /tmp/ariel.bak
 Online = "ONLINE"
  JobID = 31
Backing up Tablespace TEMP
Call to SELECT COUNT(*) FROM smp_offline_backup_lock failed nms-5001: Unable to Start Hot Backup

I tried running the select command on the server directly, and sure enough, there is no smp_offline_backup_lock table. When was this table supposed to be defined, and by whom ? Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Ariel Kirson
Ex Libris. Received on Mon Nov 02 1998 - 06:34:52 CST