Re: Can I create temp table in Oracle.

From: Sylvain Leclerc <SLeclerc_at_magrit.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:59:29 -0500

I dont know guys but I try to create a table in a tablespace that is temporary I get the following.

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02195: Attempt to create PERMANENT object in a TEMPORARY tablespace

When a tablespace is "temporary", Oracle does not protect that space against crashes the same way
it does for a regular tablespace.

Sylvain Leclerc, DBA
INT Systèmes d'information
Membre du Groupe Magrit