Re: Unable to insert records (ORA-1653)

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 22:36:24 -0600

You are trying to add another extent of 9360 blocks of 8192 blocks to your table (9360 blocks * 8192 bytes / block = 76,677,120 bytes, which is the next extent size you specified).

This message means that there is no 'contiguous' free space of 9360 blocks available in your tablespace.

There may be free spaces that total more than 9360 blocks. However, I can guarantee there is no single free space => 9360 blocks nor are there 'contiguous' free spaces that total => 9360 blocks.

The most expedient fix is to add another file to the tablespace. Make it big enough to last another six months of inserts (or more).