Re: Can I create temp table in Oracle.

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:04:34 +0200

cljones wrote in message <36392DFC.100B_at_concentric.net>...
>Hey - yes you can -
>
>create tablespace tmp temporary
>create table temp
>tablespace tmp;

Nice idea. You can go and create tables and even indexes in a temporary tablespace, but that is unfortunately nowhere near what a temp table is in SQL-Server (which functionality the original poster wanted to use in Oracle).

I assume that the table will be deleted automatically when the instance is shutdown?

regards,
Billy Received on Fri Oct 30 1998 - 01:04:34 CST