Re: Question on DB availability.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 09:29:17 +0100

Hi Mike,

If all ports of Oracle are the same, there should be a product called Oracle Enterprise Manager on your windows client CD. This product should run on Windows NT and it is a bit too NT-oriented, however you can use it to manage Unix databases. You need to configure Oracle Intelligent Agent at the server side, OEM at the client side, and you will be able to see at a glance the status of the database, being able to shut it remotely, trap events and page you out of your bed, etc. Basically, it is an Oracle implementation of products like Tivoli and Openview. Configuration of OEM is a bit of a hassle, however www.oracle.com/support has documents available covering it. If you really get stuck, use this newsgroup and I or someone else will probably be capable of answering your questions.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA