Re: Cotrolfiles

From: Greg Parsons <parsons_at_inmet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:09:24 GMT

Hi Andreas,

    Not having run into this I've got two ideas. The first thing that comes to mind is the control file is corrupt or not in sync with the datafiles. If this is the case, copy from a dupe copy on the system and you should be off and running. Yet, because the errors seem to refer to access, my second idea would be that someone/SA changed the rights either to e: or e:\lp2data. NT can go down to the filename level, but I'd check the directories' rights first. It's been a few months since I've had a look at it on NT but, your looking for UserDomains - I seem to think of Services within ControlPanel - but off hand I'm not sure. Also, when considering this, go to DOS and check via 'attrib *.*'.