Re: drive mapping nt

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_no.spam.iac.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 13:10:22 GMT

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998 13:10:35 +0200, gkor <gkor_at_rdw.nl> wrote:

>hi there,
>
>i have problems with my server manager oracle 734
>when i try to create a tablespace/datafile on a drive other
>then the standard drive with \orant on it.
> I have mapped the i-drive via network connections as my second drive
>and i want to create
>there for instance a second controlfile or an new tablespace.
>When i do that i get a message that the path could not be found.
>The short question is :
>
>how does the server manager know of the second drive ?
>
>thanks
>
>gkor_at_rdw.nl

I believe the drive has to be a local drive. You cannot place datafiles, control files, etc. on a network drive. Even if this was allowed, this would generally not be a good idea.

If you are running server manager from a client and are trying to specify a drive on the server, use the path relative to the server (just like you were at the server). You do this even without mapping a drive to the server from the client.

--
Mark Wagoner
To reply, remove no.spam from my e-mail address Received on Mon Oct 12 1998 - 08:10:22 CDT