Cotrolfiles

From: Andreas Walter <a.walter_at_dr-staedtler.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 08:55:38 +0200

Hi everbody,

I have Oracle 8.04 unter NT. I create a database and all things are fine. But one day I could start the DB and found the following message entry in my alertlog file.

alter database "db_lp2" mount exclusive Thu Oct 08 15:22:54 1998

ORA-00202: controlfile: 'E:\lp2data\ctl1LP2.ora'
ORA-27041: unable to open file
OSD-04002: unable to open file
O/S-Error: (OS 5) Access is denied.

I restore the database and check the space on the device. But after this procedure the same error occurs. I don't change the usre-rights on system.

Have anyone an idea what the problem is.

regards

   Andreas Walter Received on Fri Oct 09 1998 - 01:55:38 CDT