Re: Personal Oracle8

From: Madhu Cherukuri <madhuc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Sep 1998 03:13:38 GMT

You need to configure SQL*Net
using NetEasy Configuration
There are two versions for this
One is NET8 version which comes
with PO8 and the other is Net Easy Config which comes with Des2K/Dev2K
You can use either of one but the
Net easy config is really simple

This will create a tnsnames.ora
file under $ORACLE_HOME\NETWORK\ADMIN directory

(for NET8 it is under $ORACLE_HOME\NET80\ADMIN)

You have to maintain same tnsnames.ora file under both directories (need to copy the created one with Net Easy Config to NET80\ADMIN directory

Try to create a database alias
something like ORCL and give
the ip address 127.0.0.1 as
the host name.

Make sure you have started the Listener80 service by opening Control panel and Services

Once these are accomplished, you could able to connect to the PO8 database using the database alias you have created in the tnsnames.ora file (ORCL)

HTH Madhu Cherukuri