Personal Oracle8

From: William R. Finn <wifinn_at_infoave.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 21:41:20 -0400

Help!
I have installed Personal Oracle 8 on my NT4 standalone machine. The install was sucessful. I can use Oracle Navigator to get to the sample tables.
Next I installed Developer2000/Designer2000 v2 but am having major problems. When I try to start Designer2000 using installed username:scott, password:tiger, no connect string I get an error message, ORA-03121: no interface driver connected-function not performed. When I use ORCL for the connect string I get an error message, ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service name. The files tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora, listener.ora are located in the folder orant\network\admin.
I need to solve this problem so that I can get the Designer2000 modules such as E-R Diagrammer.

I'm a newbie to Oracle so I sure could use some help!

William R. Finn
wrfinn_at_mailcity.com Received on Sun Sep 20 1998 - 20:41:20 CDT