Re: [?] Schemas, Namespace, and Projects

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 15:43:34 GMT

Hi Brad,

    I run everything in a single Oracle instance. For each project I create a user who owns the project and has its own tablespace and datafiles (I am running on AIX and use JFS rather than raw partitions). At the time tables are created for the projects, under the projects userid the necessary permissions are granted to the appropriate subset of our standard user accounts.

    When the project is completed I am then able to export the user and then drop the tablespace including contents and delete the datafile. This simplifies management of projects -- a major consideration since at any one time we have over 100 projects, almost all of which will be completed within less than a year.

regards

Jerry