Getting ORA-07429 on a upgrade to 7.3.2

From: Nicholas Palmer <nick_at_kcicorp.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 15:49:56 GMT

I recently upgraded from Oracle 7.1.6 to Oracle 7.3.2.2 on a Sparc running Solaris 2.4. The server seems to run fine, and the TNS listener seems to startup fine, and I can connect and do things fine from the server based programs, but when I try and connect from a client I get the following message (This is from SQLPLUS)

ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment. SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory

In the manaual it says to look at the permissions or at the last part of the error message to figure out what is wrong. It seems to me that I'm missing a file or directory some where. Anybody have a clue as to what it would be?

Thanks in advance.
Nick

Take off Late, Get Deep, Go Down Hard...

nick_at_kcicorp.com (Nick Palmer)
KCI Computing International Received on Tue Sep 01 1998 - 10:49:56 CDT